Tuesday, December 15, 2009

the accidental cabbage.


It's pretty pathetic. Not even a week has gone by and I already miss you guys.
I watched SYTYCD and all I wanted to do was make fun of Ryan's tiny head, and how ridiculous the dance he did with Ashleigh was. I basically wanted to kill myself.
Oh! I was reading Martha Stewart Living, I know I'm 40 years old with 3 children and a pearl necklace on at all times, but that's besides the point. The January issue wasn't filled with festive ideas for New Years parties or how to bedazzle an entire dress to wear to these outings, oh no. There was however an entire 8 page spread devoted to the cabbage.
How to cook cabbage, what to cook it with, all the pretty colors it can be. There were pictures of it sliced, in wedges, stuffed with God knows what. Someone seriously sat there and tried to figure out what lighting would look best on the cabbage, how to arrange it, where to lightly drizzle some strange sauce and place a random spoon on top.
All I kept thinking about was our taco night and how for some reason I grabbed a head of cabbage instead of lettuce, and then we let it sit on our counter as we stared at it trying to figure out what exactly we could make with it.
Well apparently Martha has a few hundred ideas. If only we'd known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails